Historic Objects Donation Guidelines
Thank you for your interest in donating items to the International Bowling Museum and Hall of Fame.
The Museum acquires new items for its permanent collection through the generosity of individual donations and/or bequests. In assessing potential donations, the Museum considers whether the items meet the following criteria: are relevant to the Museum’s mission; complement or strengthen existing collections; and can be given proper care. Acquired collections are used to support the Museum’s research activities, educational programs, and exhibitions.
If you are interested in donating collections to the Museum, please contact our staff BEFORE you bring your items to the Museum. Please do not drop off or mail items without first contacting the Museum—we want to make sure that your potential gift is properly identified and cared for.
- Send an email to the Curator at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, contact information, and a detailed description (include pictures) of the item(s) you would like to donate.
- Send a letter to the Curator, International Bowling Museum and Hall of Fame 621 Six Flags Dr. Arlington, TX 76011. Please be sure to include your name, contact information, and a detailed description (include pictures) of the item(s) you would like to donate.
Guidelines for Donating Collections
- Always make arrangements with Museum staff BEFORE bringing donations to the Museum. We have special procedures and legal paperwork that must be filled out to document all donations.
- Donations offered to the Museum are reviewed by the curators. Please be aware that we cannot accept every donation. Once the donation is reviewed, a member of the Museum staff will notify you if the donation has been accepted. If the items are accepted and will contact you to schedule a day and time for you to bring the items to the Museum and to complete the required paperwork.
- Donations to the International Bowling Museum and Hall of Fame are tax deductible. It is the responsibility of the donor to establish a value of their donation for tax purposes. The International Bowling Museum and Hall of Fame cannot appraise the value of any item or recommend specific appraisers. You may find a qualified appraiser by contacting the American Society of Appraisers.